Translate This Page

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Saturday 18 June 2011

You Get Me Through

A very busy and rather stressful couple of days for me, finishing off a sculpture for an exhibition which opens on Monday and getting all the loose ends tied up for the end of my course.
As is often the case when I'm really busy, I forget to eat! However, my body is getting better at telling me it's hungry, so I have made a few quick, tasty and healthy snacks this week, some of which I will share with you here:

Mango Power Juice
Peel and de-pip one small melon
Peel an de-stone one mango
Place in a blender with a bit of apple juice
Blend until smooth and drink
Makes a couple of pints (ish)

Quick Chocolate Fix (for those times when...  well, you know!)
In a tea cup, mix the following:
1 tsp tahini
1 tsp agave nectar (or other liquid sweetener if you prefer)
1 tsp cocoa powder.
Eat it straight out of the cup or spread onto a cracker.

Cocoa Comfort
Blend the following:
1 banana
about half a litre nut milk (I used pistachio milk and it was lovely, but almond, cashew or any other will do)
1 dsp cocoa powder
Drink it out of a mug and pretend it's cocoa like Granny made (it's better!)
Use warm milk if you want extra comfort.

Avocado Dip (spread, mayonaise substitute, whatever...)
Blend the following:
1 avocado
1 banana (Use one that is not too ripe - learn from my mistake!)
a few flakes of dehydrated garlic
a splash of soy sauce or similar seasoning
juice of half a lemon.
Spread onto slices of cucumber for a delicious quick snack

And finally...
Multi-Berry Orgy Snack
1 punnet blueberrues
1 punnet raspberries
1 packet dried goji berries (you won't need all of them)

Stuff a dried goji berry inside a blueberry
Stuff the blueberry inside a raspberry
Do this to the entire punnet
And eat!

Now that School's Out and I can relax, I'm going to get back in the kitchen and start creating again... watch this space. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment