Translate This Page

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Friday 10 June 2011

Getting My Oats!

Today I made Oat Mylch - Here's how:

I took a pyrex jug and put 1 litre of water inside (you could easily use a bowl instead)
I then laid a piece of muslin over the top.
I dropped 1 cup of oats into the muslin, so that they all fell under the water.


I also added 1 tsp honey, but this is optional
Then I placed a plate over the top and left them soaking for 1/2 hour.


After half an hour I removed the plate, gathered up the edges of the muslin and squeezed out the Oat Mylch. It comes out thick and creamy and is wonderful for the skin too!




















After I'd squeezed out as much Mylch as I could, I put the oats aside (for later!) and poured some of the Oat Mylch out for our lunchtime smoothie!


Here's the Oat Mylch. I made just under 1 1/2 litres this way. It needs stirring before use, but it is quite a versatile milk - not brilliant in tea though!

Lunchtime was upon us, so I made a delicious smoothie with:
1/2 pint Oat Mylch
1 mango (just the flesh!)
a handful of strawberries.

Blended together, they made the most gorgeous, rich, creamy, sunshiney drink!




Shown here with Chocolate Love Buckets!

Chocolate Love Buckets
I chopped the remaining strawberries into quarters and layered them in sundae dishes with a couple of Chocolate Love Bombs, (from a batch that turned out a bit soft, due to too much liquid and I'd kept in the freezer. Even mistakes can be utilised!)

Here is a delicious Chocolate Love Bucket!


Our delicious lunch. Imagine - eating chocolate for lunch, the healthy way. This is heavenly!

Mr H enjoying his chocolate Love Bucket. Mmmmmm. =)

Later in the day I was a bit naughty when we visited Mr H's parents, because it is impossible to resist Mrs H's delicious Okra Curry! It did get me wondering whether okra can be eaten raw, and whether I could create a raw curry? Hmmm... best get my thinking cap on.

Anyway, those soaked oats (you thought I'd forgotten about them, didn't you?)

Baccus Gets His Oats
1 cup oats (soaked and Mylch squeezed out)
1 desertspoon (dsp) raw cacao powder
1 dsp carob powder
1 cup dried vine fruits (pre-soaked)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
2oz (50g) coconut cream (you could use coconut oil if you prefer. I use the cream because it is cheaper!)

Mix it up, press into silicone moulds and leave to dry under a tea towel overnight.
In the morning (hopefully!) there will be some oaty chocoaltey cakes!

Night night... =)

PS... next day... here's a pic:
... and they are yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment