Translate This Page

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Monday 13 June 2011

What to do with Beansprouts

Today I ate beansprouts and I didn't get E-coli and I didn't die.
Not surprising, you'd think, but recently some beansprouts in Germany have been responsible for spreading the bacteria and caused several deaths and a lot of sickness. Basically, as far as I understand, it was due to poor farming methods, bad hygiene, etc. That sort of thing shouldn't happen if you grow your own, or buy from a reputable source. I'd run out at home, so I bought some from Aconbury Sprouts because I know they're good. I've bought them before.
I had quite a few for lunch, with a box of olives and that sustained me through a stressful kiln firing (which went on forever!)
Mr H had to go into work this evening, so I made this for his return:

Tricolore Bolognese

1 large courgette
1 large carrot
1 large beetroot
300g multicoloured baby tomatoes
1 generous handful beansprouts
½ red Romano pepper
about 9 olives
1 cm red chilli
1 tsp raw cacao powder
drop olive oil
slice lemon – flesh & juice.

Grate the courgette, carrot and beetroot over a bowl
Squeeze the juice out of the grated veg and place half on the plates. Spread it around the edge with a hole in the middle.
Chop everything else into small pieces (chop the chilli very fine,) and mix together.
Place a large dolop of “Bolognese” in the middle of your plates and add a bit of green salad.

Serves 2 greedy pigs or 3-4 sensible eaters.
Plus a glass of delicious vegetable juice to fight over!



No comments:

Post a Comment