Translate This Page

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Tuesday 14 June 2011

A Dash of Ginger with That...

The quest for the perfect Raw Curry goes on, but I did manage to make a sort-of curry sauce today. It's not good enough to post yet, but I'll work on it.

I had a busy and stressful day today (my sculpture exploded in the kiln yesterday, so I had some extensive repairs to do!) and I had an energy slump mid-afternoon. Fortunately, a punnet of cherries and a bar of raw chocolate soon sorted that out. How decadent this diet is, where Chocolate and Cherries a healthy meal!
I found a lovely shop in Chichester (my nearest city) which sells all sorts of wholefoods including lovely raw stuff! I can highly recommend it. The shop is called Manuka Wholefoods and it's tucked away in Little London Walk (which used to be called Sadler's Walk but now for some reason isn't.)
They have a website: www.manukawholefoods.co.uk.
Check it out if you're in the area, or look them up online. I bought some gorgeous raw chocolate coated mulberries... mmmmmm. =)

Today's recipe is very simple, but delicious. It's a really top juice with a bit of a kick:

Manjingo Juice
1 melon (flesh only - the worms got the seeds and rind!)
1 carton squeezed orange juice (because I was lazy!)
1 tsp ground ginger.
Juice the melon. Pour into a tall jug and add the ginger. Top up with orange juice.
This was enough to keep two of us going all evening while we got on with some work.

Tomorrow... who knows? I may have figured out that curry sauce recipe! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment