Translate This Page

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Saturday 11 June 2011

I don't Need a Dehydrator - I Just Want One!

For my lunch today I fancied making a Mushroom Dip, so here it is:

Mushroom Dip
6 mushrooms
2 tomatoes
2 handfuls spinach
I slice lemon – pith & flesh
1 red pepper
1 pear
1 small onion
olive oil and hemp seed oil to enable blending

Blend everything together until smooth.
Makes a good dip or spread. Looks a bit like guacamole but has no avocado in (although it could have!)

I craved something starchy to go with these and set myself the challenge of creating a “cracker”-type thing without a dehydrator (because I don't have one – yet!)
This is what I came up with:

Tomato Almond and Flax Crackers.
leftover pulp from almond goji mylk (dried out a bit in oven (fan only - no heat) or dehydrator)
2 dsp milled flax seed (linseed)
2 tomatoes
mixed seeds
herbs and spices to taste

Chop tomatoes then blend with hand-held blender
Add flax seed and almond pulp.
Mix thoroughly and spread onto a baking tray (or dehydrator sheet)
Press mixed seeds onto the top and dry out in oven on fan only for 4-5 hours (check regularly to see if they are dry, cut into squares before turning over half way through.) Times for dehydrator will vary.
Can make batches and keep in fridge, each time you make almond goji mylk.
As these took so long to “bake” they weren't ready for lunch, but I put them in the fridge ready for the future and had the Dip with crudites.


I usually like to get two smoothies in each day – a fruit one in the morning and a vegetable “green” smoothie in the afternoon. Today I have been really busy because I have an exhibition coming up and I have work to finish. When I get very focussed on something, my hunger button switches off. Unfortunately, so does my energy button, so to keep myself going, mid afternoon, I made this:

Polly's Perfect Power Punch
1 pear
1 nectarine
1carrot
½ cucumber
handful leaves (spinach, etc.)
Juice everything except the spinach.
Transfer juice to a blender, add spinach and whizz until smooth.
Makes a large tumbler full.

No comments:

Post a Comment