Translate This Page

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Wednesday 15 June 2011

A Note About Measurements

You may notice, from looking at my recipes, that I mix up my measurements (US cups, Euro grams, Imperial teaspoons and dessertspoons...) This is deliberate and something I've developed over many years of making food.
The reason is because I don't like to be too accurate. You may read that I suggest a handful of one ingredient, a cup of another, a couple of dessertspoons of something else.
I believe that food should be cooked by taste and as such, my measurements are guidelines only. I strongly recommend that you purchase a simple cup measure, if you don't have one. It's a nice measurement, which is quite precise enough. An espresso coffee cup is about the same size or you might find an old fashioned teacup (I often use a teacup!) And I use dessertspoons rather than tablespoons simply because I don't own a tablespoon. I'd only use it for measuring anyway, so I just use a dessertspoon and then eat with it afterwards - saves unnecessary washing-up!
When I quote grams or (occasionally) ounces, this is because something comes in a package of that weight. The coconut cream I use comes in handy 2oz/50g pouches, but with practice, you could easily work out your own measurement for that.

A simple recipe for today has no measurements at all. It is completely to taste. And it tastes wonderful:

Raw "Stuffed" Mushrooms


Take 2 large Portobello mushrooms for each person (or more if you're extra hungry!) and brush with Olive Oil.



Combine the following to taste:
Fresh Broad Beans
Sundried Tomatoes
Olives
Beansprouts
Hemp Seed Oil
Soya Sauce (or another seasoning, if preferred)
Dried Seaweed
Other ingredients to taste



After marinading your ingredients for a few minutes, spoon on top of the mushrooms and enjoy. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment