Translate This Page

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Taking It On The Road

Mr H and I went out today to visit an old friend of mine, whom I've not seen for many years. He's married now with no less than five children and they live in Australia. I got back in touch with this friend just in time for one of their rare visits back to Blighty and today we went to meet them.
Why am I telling you this? Well, naturally, we needed a packed lunch, so I put the following together:

The Mighty Salad
In a large box, combine:

2 avocados, chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
handful mixed seeds
1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
1/2 fennel bulb, chopped
1 apple, chopped
1 handful mushrooms, chopped
several mixed olives, chopped
Lettuce leaves to scoop and wrap the salad, wrapped separately.

For the dressing I used hemp seed oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, agave nectar and lemon juice.

We also took about 8 pieces of fruit with us and a bar of raw vegan chocolate, together with a Tupperware cup of (probably not raw) Karo milk for our tea.

Mr H carried this lot, because he is much stronger than me and we did get several "ooh, that looks tasty" comments as well as my friend's wife telling me we look "very healthy... for vegans!" Which I'm going to take as a compliment! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment