Translate This Page

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Monday 11 July 2011

Salad Dressings

Surprise surprise! I've been making a lot of salads lately!
Sometimes I don't pour and sprinkle stuff on top of my salad, but more often than not, I do. Here are some of my favourite mixings:

Kiwi Mint Dressing:
1 Kiwi Fruit, chopped
wine vinegar
mustard
hemp seed oil
lemon juice
agave nectar
chopped fresh mint
A few garlic flakes
All of these are to taste. I like mine really minty, so I chop up loads of fresh mint.
Blend everything with a hand-held blender and pour or dip to your heart's content!

Tahini "Special" Sauce
This reminds me of the 'special sauce' I used to pour on my houmous and falafel, back in the day...
2 dessertspoons raw tahini
1 teaspoon chopped chilli
olive oil
lemon juice
paprika
chopped coriander
Blend everything together and dream of the Middle East! =)

Simple Salad Sauce
This one is easy. The old ones are the best, eh?
Lemon Juice
Olive Oil
Mix in quantities to suit. Usually more oil than lemon juice works best.
Sea Salt
Ground Pepper
Ground Mustard
Garlic flakes
These are to taste, so don't overdo it.

Tomato Treat
6 small plum tomatoes, cut into quarters
1/2 cup olive oil
1 generous pinch of: seaweed, pumpkin seeds and garlic granules
1 crushed Chlorella tablet
Blend together and mix into salad.

Mr H's Raspberry Relish
My lovely man first made this for me with tinned (!) raspberries, but he's seen the error of his ways now and makes it with fresh!
1 punnet raspberries (this is a good thing to do with those raspberries that really should have been eaten yesterday... you know the ones!)
Red wine vinegar
Olive oil (although probably he'll use hemp oil from now on - it's his new favourite!)
Blend and season to taste (not that it needs any!)
Yummy on any salad and quite nice just licked off fingers... but I digress! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment